1. The Sovereignty of GodMatthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. Jude 25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."
Eternally exists in three persons - Father, Son, Holy SpiritExodus 15:18 The LORD will reign forever and ever." Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.Matthew 3:16-17 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,2 Corinthians 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
His kingdom is both spiritual and literalMatthew 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.Mark 1:15 "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"Luke 4:43 But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."Luke 17:20-21 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,
Because God is sovereign, eternal, and holy, we believe his rule is just and righteous. It is by his power that creation is sustained. He exists as three persons in perfect unity with himself. His domain is a kingdom of perfect balance and harmony which includes all things in existence.
2. The Authority of God’s Word1 Corinthians 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.2 Peter 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
God’s word is infallibleNumbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Titus 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness- 2 a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,Hebrews 6:17-18 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.
God’s word is spiritually comprehensibleMark 4:11-12 He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'" Luke 17:20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation,Romans 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
Because God has authority over mankind through his Word, we believe that our lifestyle and conduct should be congruent and consistent with the holy standards as set forth within and throughout all of the Holy Scriptures. These standards should be embraced by all and all should endeavor to keep and honor all of God’s Word. These truths are the standards that are given to guide and to guard our faith, our actions, and our words.
3. Man is Created in God’s Image and LikenessGenesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.Genesis 9:6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man. Ephesians 4:22-23 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
He is a triune manJob 32:8 But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding. 1 Corinthians 5:3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. . . .Colossians 2:5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The redeemed man is empowered by GodGenesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 2:4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Acts 8:6 When the crowds heard Philip and saw the miraculous signs he did, they all paid close attention to what he said. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
Because the deity of God is described as Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient, it is hard to comprehend that his deity can dwell within us. This is why we were made in his image, which is a triune being. This is why we were made in his likeness. Unlike any other of God’s creation, we have distinct abilities (such as speaking), we have conscience, and we possess an intuitive nature. This design enables the Holy Spirit to work and move within us, to do the works that God desires through the gifts of the Spirit and by his anointing.
4. Salvation Comes Through Christ and Gives Mankind Access to the Presence of GodJohn 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Ephesians 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
The blood of ChristJohn 6:53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.Romans 5:9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!Colossians 1:19-20 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
The person of ChristActs 4:11-12 He is "'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Because Jesus said he is the way, the truth, and the life, we believe he is the only way to the path and right relationship with God. Jesus is the sacrifice. Jesus gave himself and shed his blood that all who repent may be cleansed and set free from the bondage and results of sin. Jesus is the Savior of the world.
5. The Church is the Body and Representation of Jesus ChristMatthew 5:13-16 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Ephesians 1:22-23 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. Ephesians 2:21-22 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Philippians 2:3-5 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
As representatives and messengers1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.1 Thessalonians 1:5-7 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7 And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.1 Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Given the ministry of reconciliation2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting mColossians 2:2-3 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Because God literally dwells within us we are able to understand that he lives in others. All who are saved comprise the church and the body of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are his representatives on earth, to preach his same message that people may know Christ in a personal way.
6. The Spirit of Man is EternalPsalms 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalms 21:6 Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence. Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; . . . Galatians 6:8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Eternal judgment apart from ChristPsalms 9:7 The LORD reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment. 8 He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice. Matthew 18:8 If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Eternal life in ChristMatthew 19:16 Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.John 5:24 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life John 10:27-28 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Because God is eternal and sovereign, because he is also the giver of life, he has created mankind to live forever. God is not a God of death, he is a God of life. God has prepared an eternal place for all who are in Christ Jesus. It is a place in his presence. He has given man a desire to live forever. Eternity with Christ is a place of eternal rewards and bliss; a place without sickness and without sorrow and without death.
7. It is God’s Will That All Men Be SavedLuke 24:46-47 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. John 6:40 For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." 1 Timothy 2:1-4 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
The Gospel is for all who believeMark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.John 1:12-13 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God- 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. Acts 10:36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
The Commission is given to all ChristiansMatthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.Luke 9:1-2 When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2 and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.Luke 24:47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Because God has such great love for mankind that he gave his Son to suffer and die on account of our sin, we believe that our lives should be lived in such a manner that men may see true examples of repentance. Our preaching and teaching should embrace the importance of a changed and sincere way of life with a genuine faith and love for our Savior, Jesus Christ.